Ready to keep riding?
The deeper I go into the woods, the brighter the leaves become. They are not only gold, but crimson and burgundy, lemon and ochre.
In some places they are still green and in others already brown, crunching under my wheels and carpeting the gravel path so thickly that sometimes I’m not sure where the trail for people ends and where the deer path begins.
Thanks for coming along yet again! Keep your bicycles well-oiled and ready to go, because we’re not done just yet. Until the autumn’s over, we’ve still got riding to do.
Until next time…
Here are some links to other blogs from around the world featuring the fall foliage. Enjoy! I certainly did. And if you have any other links to share, feel free to post them in the comments:
- The Woods Are Lovely, Golden and Deep (this is Part 1 of the article you just read, by Yours Truly, at adventuresofanexpatreturned.com) Virginia, USA
- Autumn leaves (lullabyonabicycle.wordpress.com) The Hague, Netherlands
- The 10 best places in Japan for autumn leaves (en.rocketnews24.com) Japan
- Top 14 Spots for Autumn Color in Japan (japanesesearch.com) Japan
- Ode to autumn (ladyfi.wordpress.com) Sweden
- Cloudland Canyon: My Last Autumn Hike before Heading up North (autumnhiker.wordpress.com) Georgia, USA
- Autumn in the Midlands (formativethinking.wordpress.com) England, UK
- An Autumn walk on Mount Royal (montrealinpictures.com) Montreal, Canada
- Colours of Autumn (scotnor.com) Norway